Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Let's Road trip

I would love nothing more than to road trip - anywhere. Just drive. It would be so amazing to see so many places in one trip, and to do all the travelling on your own - no reliance on an airplane, or train, or bus driven by a stranger. Just you. And, well, maybe I would being someone else. I think I'd like to share my roadtrip experience with someone.

Here's a playlist to maybe inspire some roadtripping, at least in my mind. Something to allow me to travel away while I still have to be stuck here in Ottawa, at school. What a damper.

Kurt Vile - Overnight Religion
With his vocals burried so deep in the music, this Phili-native sure know how to blend sound and lyric into a beautiful, 70s inspired music scheme (I don't think that's the right word, but I'm going with it haha).

Now, Now Every Children -In My Chest (Acoustic) (myspace)
This duo from Minneapolis (but performs with a 5-peice band) was brought to my attention by my young friend James Alan. Their lyrics are Tegan and Sara-esque, and have a very Slingshot Dakota, raw but innocent sound. I'm enjoying getting to know this new musical interest in my life.

Yeasayer - O.N.E
Wasn't the hugest fan of their first album, but their new single off Odd Blood, out next week, seems like an exciting sneak peek. We will see how the rest of the album pans out.

One for the Team - Every Little Thing
Also from Minneapolis, pretty sure one of the guys from this band worked on Now, Now Every Children's album, tells a secret source of mine. I was just recently introduced to this upbeat, indie-pop 5-piece, but they've just release their third full-length, which as been getting them much more coverage. I'm excited to listen!

The Magic Kids - Hey Boy

No comments: