Thursday, April 23, 2009

BLUESFEST

FUK YAH! (no 'c' - it ups my blog cred)

Cisco Ottawa's Bluesfest lineup just got announced. I'm so down this year. The line up is nice and packed with some of my fave faves.

Please, Joe, do give us a low-down!

Thursday, July 9

Iron and Wine



I have a TON of Iron and Wine on my iPod, just for whenever I feel like mellowing out the legit way. I have never been inlove with them, like I am with some other bands, but I feel like they would be worth seeing live. One of those bands you appreciate more once you've seen them witn your own eyes.

Friday, July 10

Holy Fuck



Okkervil River


The Dodos


This day will be so good. I do not want to miss Holy Fuck this time around, and The Dodo's will undoubtedly be incredible live. Also, Okkervil River: banjo. Need I say more?

Sunday, July 12

Neko Case



Girltalk


Leif Vollebekk


John Vanderslice


K so, Neko Case is one of those bands I've listened to for years now, but never truly fell in love with. I'm always off and on, but again, I think they'd be great live. I've already seen Girltalk, but I'm stoked to see how the HELL this show plays out at Lebretton Flats, at 7;45 on a Sunday night?? leif Vollebekk is an Ottawa native, and I saw him when he opened for Basia Bulat a while back; he is such a talented musician. And John Vanderslice, he's just chill and catchy.

Wednesday, July 15

The National



OH MY GOD I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THEM LIVE.
basically.

Thursday, July 16

M83



M83 is the epidemy of teenage angst and young love. I think they will have to be the highlight of my summer to-see bands. They better not fucking let me down, that french fuck! <3>Friday, July 17

Cystal Castles

K i don't even want to bother to post a video for them. Honestly, they make sweet jams, but, Bluesfest? Really? Even more bizarre than Girltalk. I want to see them, only to confirm or disagree to the rumour that they suck live. Is it worth it?


Sunday, July 19

Handson Furs



I just saw them about a month or two ago. But I would see them again, in a heartbeat, hands down. What can't Dan Boeckner do well?

KAY so basically, that's my main faves for this festival. Not sure how the fuck I'm going to swing this, but somehow I've gotta come up with 225 bucks to go see all these bands, OR fucking jump the shit out of that fence.
Word.

No comments: