Tuesday, January 26, 2010

No water

I'm pissed. I try to go to school on time, and when I wake up, there is no goddamn water in my apartment. I swear to God I will kill those construction mother fuckers downstairs.

:)

I've been tired of everything new and recent being talked about over the past 3 months. I admit, I am into the new shit that's been going around, but I am getting bored of all that airy, electro-meets-indie simple-sounding musical business that's being so heavily blogged about. So this morning, I searched for some harder, more edgy, more substantial-sounding jams. This is what I've come across so far:

The ZEROS - Wild Weekend
From California in the late 70s, this raw, garage-punk band was known as the "Latino Ramones."

Check out this awesome clip of the ZEROS performing on a San Diego television show in 1977. Jesus, rare.




The Darling Buds - It's All up to You
From the Blondie era of the late 80s, this woman-fronted band from the UK got lots of locale radio air-play, but eventually broke up due to their lack of commercial exposure. This song is so pop-y, and dancey, I just love it.



Dum Dum Girls - Blank Girl
(Thanks Finner!)



(this post was started on Tuesday, but I never got around to finishing it until now)

No comments: