Monday, December 14, 2009

Oh hi there!!

WELLL! Exams. That's all I have to say.

In the mean time, let's talk music.

I'm enjoying this track alot, Local Natives - Airplanes (this is a link to their myspace). I listened to the whole album - it's decent. They've got an Animal Collective feel to them, mixed with the airy-ness of Neon Indian, but more pop-sounding. This song, however, blows the entire album out of the water, and I was a bit disappointed in their whole album based on my expectations from this song. It's worth checking out, though.

While checking out some reviews about Local Natives, I stumbled upon Nurses. Totally up my alley of magical, lovely, weird-sounding experimental synthy-folk music. WOW - that's a genre, for ya'. Anyways, check out their track, Caterpillar Playground. I'll let you know what I think of their album, which was apparently recorded in the attic that this threesome live in together! I WANT TO LIVE IN AN ATTIC!

KAY time to watch some movies - Control, 24 hour party people, or the story of the Ramones? Think I've got a theme in mind???

No comments: